Wednesday, December 3, 2008

THANKSGIVING

My Thanksgiving was celebrated on 2 days. The first was on Thursday night when I went to Incheon to meet up with my GEC friends, Jenna and Ashley. Their co-worker (and now my friend), Sarah, came to dinner as well. Sidenote about Sarah: she used to be best friends with one of the main actors from Degrassi so you know I was immediately fond of her.

We went to a restaurant called "Can More" where you sit in hanging porch swings at your table. We ate spaghetti and fondue and it was DELICIOUS. Not to mention, I love these girls so spending time with them was well worth the outrageous cab fare I was cheated out of on the way back home. NEVER, NEVER let a cabbie NOT run the meter!

The funny thing is, Jenna is from New Zealand and Sarah is from Canada so I'm glad they were willing to celebrate our American holiday.






I experienced more foreigners (foreigners as in anyone other than Americans) willing to celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday night at my co-workers' house in Paju. This time we had real Thanksgiving food. Oh, and thanks to two of the other Texans there, we watched the Cowboy game as well. Didn't even feel like I was in Korea!

After the food, a group of us went out to a foreigner bar and then the die-hards (5 of us) ended up at the norae bang til 6 a.m. I loved it. I didn't love sleeping all day Sunday, though, so I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon.

BILL PASSING OUT AT THE NORAE BANG WHILE STILL SINGING:


This leads me to my next issue: kidneys and what alcohol will do to them. Despite the fact that Koreans believe beer to be good for the kidneys, I can assure you that this is not true. In my next blog entry, I will tell you about my kidney stone, UTI, and my experience at the hospital :). Don't worry, I'll live to tell the story!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

are we hospital kidney twins?!